Taking a page out of Peter King's MMQB column at SI.com:
Ten things I think:
a. If you have a baby, you should get a stretch mark quota. If you have another baby, one should never EVER get another stretch mark. It's already been stretched. Leave well enough alone.
b. This twice weekly stress test crap sucks. I'm getting very tired of my provider's office. Not because they suck or anything, but I just don't want to see them twice a week. And I'm very sure they don't want to see my cranky-not-a-morning-person-and-I-can't-have-coffee-because-it-messes-up-the-test face either.
c. Meredith is bound and determined to cause as many problems as possible. Bad enough she's a high risk baby, but now she's planning on coming out ass first. Only my kid, I'm telling you... I hope this is not a harbinger of times to come.
d. External version looks an awful lot like torture. Really, watch the YouTube videos. And I don't care if they're willing to give me an epidural, that just looks like it sucks. And it only works about half the time. I REALLY hope baby changes her mind and flips over. If she does not, I will be MOST put out.
e. Not having a hockey season really sucks.
f. I didn't realize I could suck so badly at fantasy football.
g. As bad as things can be, and as uncomfortable and scared as I am, things can ALWAYS be worse. I need to remember to be grateful for what I have, because it could be gone, just like that. You figured I'd have learned that lesson by now, but sometimes I still take it for granted that I have a pretty frickin' good life, complete with a loving supportive husband, and great family, and the best friends a woman could ask for. Everything else is just stuff. And stuff is nothing, when you get right down to it.
h. I really want to move back to Maine. Hermon looks good.
i. Our gingerbread stout was very tasty. A little heavy on the spices, with a tidgy bit of astringency on the back end. Next time I'll probably just add them to the boil and remove them before primary fermentation. We left them in for a week. It was a bit too long. The molasses we primed with was quite tasty though.
j. I get to host Thanksgiving this year. Classic line up of dishes: Turkey, mashed potatoes, Stove Top, boiled carrots and onions, green bean casserole, jellied cranberry sauce, gravy. This year I'm adding roasted squash and steamed green beans. Should be a good time. And my broseph is coming to my house for the first time ever. Super excited. Here's hoping I don't eff up the bird.
In other news, super excited for my sister Amanda! Her boyfriend Bill proposed last weekend, and she said yes! The ring is beautiful, and the diamond is one of the diamonds from my mom's 25th anniversary present from my father. Super happy to welcome Bill AKA Luka to the family. He's a cool dude. It occurs to me it is my parent's wedding anniversary today.
Only 4 more weeks to go. Here's hoping Meredith changes her mind, and that I don't lose mine between now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment