Friday, December 7, 2012

Not what I expected

Had my ultrasound today. Baby is... TRANSVERSE!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!

Apparently I have WAY more fluid this week than last week, and she's been bobbing around in there, and she turned sideways on me. Of course, she would not stay heads down.

So, after the MF medicine specialist spoke with all of my providers, and it was decided that I would be delivering Meredith via c-section next week, on either Thursday or Friday. The surgical scheduler at the hospital will be calling with the deets on Monday, so I will know more specifics about WHEN exactly we'll be greeting our muffin.

I have to say, I am a bit disappointed. I saw my pregnancy and delivery going in a very different direction. Everything about this pregnancy has been difficult. I was hoping it would be smooth sailing all the way, and I would get to have the natural childbirth I'd been preparing for. Alas, it was not to be. On the other hand, my pregnancy with Emma was perfect, except for the uber shitty outcome.

I guess there is a trade off to be made. Have a crappy not so fun pregnancy and get the favorable outcome, or have a great pregnancy and have a poor outcome. I'll take the latter, thank you, even if it doesn;t conform to my idea of what I wanted this to be.\

Anyway, here's to the certainty of knowing when my baby will be here, and to the fact that she will not have a weird shaped head from being pushed out of my pelvis, and to an extra two weeks of maternity leave!

More to come as we get closer to delivery day!

No comments:

Post a Comment