Woo hoo!
Got to meet the Muffin today!
We had a meeting with the genetic counselor first, who asked us our due date, talked about us telling the staff what we needed to be comfortable, and basically said we could look forward to a planned delivery prior to our actual due date.
We then waddled down the hall to the ultrasound tech (I had to pee something wicked at this point), who showed us lovely images of our little Muffin as they squirmed about. Baby has a head, a heart, two little arms, two long legs, and a whole lot of wiggle. We didn't get a super good profile shot, since Muffin would not cooperate, but it was super exciting. It was a little harrowing too, since the ultrasound tech left the room when we were done looking to go get the doctor (which didn't happen last time), since she apparently thought we were seeing a doctor immediately after, but we thought something might be wrong, but then she came back and told us she just needed someone to sign off on the paperwork for the first trimester screening, so crisis averted. No parental meltdown.
We went to lunch, got movies at the mall, and then came back to the medical building for my regular monthly appointment with our midwife/OB, who whipped out the wand thing, and we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time. 150 strong BPM. It was pure magic. I can't remember the last time I was this happy.
So here's to making our pregnancy FB official, to many more heartbeat checks and ultrasounds and reassuring words from our practitioners, and me trying to figure out if I actually want to be induced early. I don't really want to just now, but I might change my mind, and Mike and I are currently on different sides of that coin. We'll see what we decide closer to the due date.
Love,
Shannon
No comments:
Post a Comment